2019-2020 Budget Page
The 2019-2020 biennial budget provides the framework for everything we do. This budget is the first two-year budget the City of Yelm has ever developed, providing a better long-term revenue and expenditure forecast. Our budget is focused on the quality and safety of our workforce, enhancing city services, and developing community partnerships.
Responsible budgeting has enabled the city to add seven positions over the last two years, including three additional police officers and other essential staff to increase efficiency of the City. We now have the right people in place to ensure the City of Yelm operates in an economical manner for years to come.
City services are essential to the success of every municipality. This budget dedicates funds for capital improvement projects, including additional storage for our water distribution system, critical upgrades to the Water Reclamation Facility, sidewalk preservation and maintenance, and prioritized street projects including construction on Mosman Avenue.
We now have the framework for continued growth that supports essential services as we work to resolve the water rights issues of the past and continue to invest in services to accommodate future growth.
The City’s budget is balanced, maintains services to the public, and is based on long term financial forecasts that ensure sustainability. The 2019-2020 biennial budget was developed community feedback during open public meetings and adopted by City Council in December, 2018.
The documents given to Council are available below, under 2019-2020 Budget. Everyone is encouraged to review these documents, to ask questions, and to be active in the planning process. Council meetings are held at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Yelm Public Safety Building, 206 McKenzie Street SE.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by DATE in Descending Order within category
2019-2020 Budget15 documents
- 2019-2020 Biennial Budget Amendment Ordinance No. 1059
- 2019-2020 City of Yelm Adopted Budget 2019-2020 City of Yelm Budget as adopted 12/11/2018
- 2019-2024 City of Yelm Capital Improvement Plan
- 2019-2020 Mayor's Budget Proposal
- 2019-2020 Budget 101 Hearing
- 2019-2020 Community Development Presentation
- 2019-2020 Municipal Court Presentation
- 2019-2020 Finance Department Presentation
- 2019-2020 Police Department Presentation
- 2019-2020 Public Works Presentation
- 2019-2020 Revenue Presentation
- Executive Department Presentation
- Finance Committee Budget Response
- Finance Committee Recommendations
- Email Response to Council