Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
The LTAC Committee is comprised of citizens involved in the tourism industry. It is their mission to distribute lodging taxes to support special events and festivals that attract tourists to the City of Yelm.
The Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the City Council for a final funding award. The City Council may approve recommendations from the LTAC Committee and may only grant lodging tax awards for projects, activities and events that have been recommended for funding.
The appointing authority shall review the membership of the committee annually and make changes as appropriate. The committee must have a minimum of five members: Two members must be representatives of businesses required to collect the lodging tax, two members who are involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received from the tax, one member shall be an elected official of the municipality who shall serve as chair of the committee.
If you have a new event or festival that qualifies for Lodging Tax funds and are interested in having your event in the City of Yelm, please complete the Funding and Application Form. Recipients must submit a Lodging Tax Final Report and an Invoice for LTAC Funding, along with any associated documents to report on the outcomes of your event.
2022 Lodging Tax Community Events Grant Program is Now Open
Applications are due May 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Yelm's Lodging Tax Fund is the primary source of City funding for events, activities, operations, and expenditures that are designed to increase tourism. The Application is here.
The LTAC Committee allocated up to $12,000 to be made available as grants to the 2022 Lodging Tax Fund applicants.
- Applications are due by May 31st at 5:00pm
- The LTAC will review applications the first week of June, during a pubic meeting that will be held at City Hall.
- At the June 14th City Council meeting, City Council will take action to approve the grant award recommendations of the LTAC members.
Who may apply?
State Law authorizes the City of Yelm to distribute Lodging Tax Funds to eligible non-profit and government organizations to promote tourism projects, activities, and events in the City of Yelm (for-profit businesses are not eligible to receive lodging tax funds) that attract tourists.
Current members of the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee are:
- Elected Official , Joe DePinto Mayor
- Shelley Nicholson
- Denise Hibblen, Prairie Park Properties
- Margaret Clapp, Prairie Park Properties
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Commission, please complete an application.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Descending Order within category
2020-2021 LTAC Documents4 documents
2018-2019 LTAC Documents15 documents
- 2018-19 LTAC Applications Recieved
- LTAC APP COY PUMPPARK 08 30 18.pdf
- LTAC APP COY WAYFINDINGSIGNS 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP EXPOLYANDBEYOND 08 29 18.pdf
- LTAC APP TRIADARTSTHEATER 06 14 18.pdf
- LTAC APP TRIADTHEATER 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP UFOFESTANDCOSMICSYMP 06 14 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMCHAMBER BBQEVENT 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMCHAMBER SIGNSTOYELM 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMJAZZINPARK 08 23 18.pdf
- LTACAPP YELMANNUALUFOFESTIVAL 08 31 18.pdf
- November 8, 2018 LTAC Agenda
- November 8, 2018 LTAC Meeting Minutes
- November 14, 2018 LTAC Meeting Minutes
- Public Notice for November 8, 2018 LTAC