Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
If you have a new event or festival that qualifies for Lodging Tax funds and are interested in having your event in the City of Yelm, please complete the Funding and Application Form. Recipients must submit a Lodging Tax Final Report and an Invoice for LTAC Funding, along with any associated documents to report on the outcomes of your event.
The LTAC Committee is comprised of citizens involved in the tourism industry, appointed by the Mayor and Yelm City Council. It is their mission to distribute lodging taxes to support special events and festivals that attract tourists to the City of Yelm.
The Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the City Council for a final funding award. The City Council may approve recommendations from the LTAC Committee and may only grant lodging tax awards for projects, activities and events that have been recommended for funding.
Completed applications can be dropped off at Yelm City Hall or mailed to 105 Yelm Avenue West Yelm, WA 98597 ATTN: Dana Spivey, Executive Administrative Assistant.
The appointing authority shall review the membership of the committee annually and make changes as appropriate. The committee must have a minimum of five members: Two members must be representatives of businesses required to collect the lodging tax, two members who are involved in activities authorized to be funded by revenue received from the tax, one member shall be an elected official of the municipality who shall serve as chair of the committee. The Committee may include one nonvoting member who is an elected official of Thurston County.
- Cynthia Schmier, RE/MAX Country
- Denise Hibbeln, Prairie Park Properties
- JW Foster, Mayor, City of Yelm
- Line Critchfield, Yelm Chamber of Commerce
- Margaret Clapp, Prairie Park Properties
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by _RECORDID in Descending Order within category
2018 LTAC Applications11 documents
- LTACAPP YELMANNUALUFOFESTIVAL 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMJAZZINPARK 08 23 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMCHAMBER SIGNSTOYELM 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP YELMCHAMBER BBQEVENT 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP UFOFESTANDCOSMICSYMP 06 14 18.pdf
- LTAC APP TRIADTHEATER 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP TRIADARTSTHEATER 06 14 18.pdf
- LTAC APP EXPOLYANDBEYOND 08 29 18.pdf
- LTAC APP COY WAYFINDINGSIGNS 08 31 18.pdf
- LTAC APP COY PUMPPARK 08 30 18.pdf
- 2018-19 LTAC Applications Recieved